Saturday 3 September 2011

Old Stuff by Bruce

A coin surviving from the year of Franz Ferdinand's assassination (the archduke, not the band!)



Books from my youth, rescued from my grandfather's shelves



'old' parliament house :)



My first camera experience - taught me how a shutter works!



Walking through an old cemetry on the edge of Belconnen. The numbers sketch stories of not so long ago..



The was responsible for many of my early childhood happy snaps



Following the thought - and standing in for the absent photo I had planned of old records borrowed from my parent's shed.. if only I had had another day! :) Ditto a seventh photo, also sadly absent, of a young boy wearing his great grandfather's medals.



With that in mind I should say that what I enjoyed most of this week's theme was thinking about the different ways that I could capture the concept of 'old', which is such a lovely and relative term. While I didnt get the time to bring some of the ideas I had to fruitition, it was fantastic to just contemplate what old means, and to watch for places and things around me that might act as a catalyst for an potentially interesting photo.


1 comment:

  1. Bruce these are beautiful images again..sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of history?

    ReplyDelete